-In the meantime we have the Olympics to keep us occupied. The reason the Olympics are so popular is because there is a clear good guy and a clear bad guy. America is of course the good guy and everyone other country is the bad guy. Not all bad guys are created equal. Some evoke more hate then others. Here is a quick list of countries I root against most, starting with most hated:
- France-people are mean even though we bailed them out of 2 world wars. Instead of rolling out the red carpet for Americans, they treat us as second class citizens. Hey, you would be speaking German if not for us. How bout a few bottles of wine on the house Pierre?
- Russia-We hated them for 50 years and old habits die hard. The Winter Olympics really bring it out because they mention the Miracle on Ice ever 10 seconds. By the way, who won that Cold War? That's what I thought.
- China-I fear they will rise in coming Olympics, mainly because their country is a rising world power. France and Russia are pretty much the same as they were a decade ago but China is totally different. In 10 years they will probably win everything and own everything. I am starting the hate early.
- Germany-You would think the country that started 2 world wars and slaughtered millions would be higher but what can I say, I enjoy beer and so do they.
- Everyone else-no one else really raises my ire. The Scandinavians seem harmless and America Jr.(Canada) is too nice.
Have a good weekend, be safe, and stay away from girls with big hair.