I am calling this season the Dusty Baker Farewell Tour. Why is it his farewell tour? Let me explain:
- He is in the final year of his contract, meaning no future monetary commitments (a big deal for a cash-strapped franchise)
- The organization has upgraded signifcantly at SS, 3B, and CF since last seasons opening day (I can't believe Taveras is gone)
- 3 years is enough time to judge(although I saw this coming after 2 months)
- The young core is ready and cheap, which will not last so they cannot waste another year of Votto/Bruce/Cueto/Volquez earning less then 2 million each
- The fans are antsy and the Reds can't go another decade without the playoffs (hell the Bengals have made it twice since the Reds last made it)
- The division is ripe for the taking (The Cubs/Pirates/Astros/Brewers all downgraded in talent while the Cards stayed the same and are one big injury from trouble)
So, without further ado, let the Dusty Baker Farewell Tour begin.
I have changed strategies this season. My posts will be more consistent, but not as frequent(that is, unless they win or i get more free time). I will commit to a post every Friday and Tuesday. Other posts will come based on my availability, interest, and imagination. Just warning all 3 of you readers ahead of time.